Second ASEEES 2013 panel on Images of Christ in Russian literature

Elena Clark elenapedigo at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 9 14:15:23 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers!

The idea of a panel on images of Christ in Russian literature has generated so much interest that we are now working on putting together a second panel.  We have three panelists and are looking for a chair and discussant.  If you would like to participate, please contact me off-list at elenapedigo at yahoo.com.  The topics for the three papers are below.

Elena Pedigo Clark

Paper Topics and Presenters:

Christ and Narrative Transvestism in Tsvetaeva's Poetry.  Elena Pedigo Clark, The College of New Jersey

Gorky's Relationship with Religion/God-Building in his early works and "Mother," with Reference to the Christ-like imagery in those works.  Benjamin Jens, University of Arizona

Christian Imagery in "Taras Bulba."  Katie Manukyan, University of Pittsburgh