barriers to tenderness in Russian society

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Thu Jan 10 04:51:50 UTC 2013

“I have "no opinion" in this discussion, except for the fact that I am somewhat bothered by the title/topic: am I the only one to find it a bit orientalist (treating Russians (through their Russian culture) as less human)? “

I hope so.  “Orientalism” needs to be junked.

It’s on the level of Sax Rohmer’s Fu Manchu.

Meanwhile, though, on the actual topic of the thread I would like to read the rest of the story, and the others in the collection.   Could even be used as a teaching aid.