ASEEES Kuzmin panel

D. Brian Kim d.brian.kim at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 13 03:57:33 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

We are organizing a panel on Mikhail Kuzmin for ASEEES in Boston and
are seeking a third paper, a chair, and a discussant. The first paper
assesses the sun imagery in Kuzmin's poetic oeuvre to argue for a
positive reading of the ending of Wings, and the second makes a case
for an apocalyptic impulse in Kuzmin's novel, drawing on fin-de-siècle
philosophies of sexuality and implications of the 1905 revolution.
Although our work is based primarily on Wings, we welcome papers
approaching other aspects of Kuzmin's work as well.

Please contact me at dbkim at stanford.edu if you would be interested in
joining us.

Many thanks,

D. Brian Kim