Russian Films Appropriate for High School Showing

Mary Harrah mharrah at SUSD.ORG
Sun Jan 13 21:29:33 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a high school Russian instructor in Arizona.  One of the schools I teach at is fortunate enough to have a foreign film festival every spring, and I have already been asked for a Russian film to show at the festival.  I am feeling a little stuck as most of the films I've seen can't be shown in a public high school setting, yet I want the film to engage the students.  Any suggestions of titles would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mary Harrah, DMA, MM, BA

Instructor of Russian, Scottsdale Unified School District
Director of Orchestras, Chaparral High School

Saguaro High School (Russian)
480-484-5124

Chaparral High School (Russian, Orchestra)
480-484-6575