ASEEES 2013: Polish-Belarusian Literary Encounters - replacement panelist needed

Curt Woolhiser cwoolhis at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 15 01:20:05 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers,

Due to a last-minute change of plans, we now need a third panelist for
the following panel on Polish-Belarusian
literary and cultural relations for ASEEES 2013 in Boston (please see
the list of participants and panel description from the original Call
for Papers below). If you are interested in joining the panel, please
notify the panel organizer, Curt Woolhiser (cwoolhis at brandeis.edu) by
9:00PM EST Tuesday, Jan. 15. Many thanks!

Panel: "The Intimate Other: Polish-Belarusian Literary Encounters"

Chair: Dorota Michaluk (University of Torun, Poland)

Papers:

1. Simon Lewis (Cambridge University, UK) "Internal Colonization in
Polish-Belarusian Literary Encounters: Czeczot, Barszczewski,
Orzeszkowa"

2. Maryna Zapartyka (Belarusian State University and Maksim
Bahdanovich Literary Museum, Minsk): "The Trilingual Poetry of Adam
Hurynowicz: Questions of Artistic Self-Identification"

3. ?

Discussants:

1. Iaroslava Strikha (Harvard U)
2. Pavel Tereshkovich (European Humanities University, Vilnius)