NEEDED: Russian speakers in Minnesota - Russian language weekend!

Joey Taylor jltaylor312 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 24 12:18:34 UTC 2013

Hello SEELANGers!

   I write to you on behalf of Лесное Озеро, the Russian language camp of
Concordia Language Villages in Minnesota. We are in need of a good group of
counselors for a family weekend camp running from February 14-18 (set-up
Thursday afternoon/evening, then the program runs from Friday evening to
Monday afternoon - President's day weekend)

Tasks include:
- singing Russian songs
-help plan activities
-work with kids, teenagers, and adults
-speak Russian all weekend
-eat Russian food!

Our Winter Family program has been fun and successful for quite a
number of years. The theme this winter is Maslenitsa! There will be plenty
of blini!!! If you know interesting Maslenitsa traditions/games/ stories or
have been to a Maslenitsa celebration in Russian, we would love to read
about it and if possible add it to the
program.

Compensation for the weekend is available firstly to those who have worked
at CLV before, but is also open to those who bring skills in areas we need
(e.g. balalaika, art, guitar, history, experience working with adults
and/or very little kids, etc.). Volunteers are greatly appreciated as
well! Also,
if you are able to work during the
program, but have concerns about transportation, please, please,
please let us know and we will do our best to work something out for
you.

If interested or if curious, please contact:

Masha Bleeker
mlbleeker1984 at gmail.com
Year-Round program leader, Russian
Concordia Language Villages,