Postgraduate Bursaries in Russian at Bristol

Rajendra Chitnis R.A.Chitnis at BRISTOL.AC.UK
Thu Jan 24 20:17:09 UTC 2013

In the year that we celebrate fifty years of Russian Studies at Bristol,
we are delighted to announce two bursaries for postgraduate study
beginning in 2013-14. These have been established thanks to the generosity
of two alumni of the Russian Department at Bristol, in tribute to the
inspiring work of our long-standing colleague and current research
professor, Derek Offord.

•	The Offord Scholarship

The Offord Scholarship will be awarded to a UK student for Ph.D. study and
offers full remission of fees for three years (value: £3900 p.a.).

Applications are invited from suitably qualified UK candidates who propose
projects in any area of Russian literature.

•	The Offord Bursary

The Offord Bursary (a single award of £1000) is open to any graduate of
the Russian Department at the University of Bristol (in Single or Joint
Honours) who wishes to conduct postgraduate study (taught or by research)
involving Russian at Bristol.

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the
degrees of M.Litt./Ph.D., M.Phil. (one year full-time by research), M.A.
in Modern Languages, M.A. in European Literatures (for details, see
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/sml/courses/postgraduate/ma-modernlang.html) or
M.A. in Translation.

Potential applicants for either award are encouraged to discuss their
proposals in the first instance with Dr Rajendra Chitnis (Subject Lead,
Russian, R.A.Chitnis at bris.ac.uk) in advance of submission.

Deadline for Applications: 22 March 2013

--
Dr Rajendra A. Chitnis
Senior Lecturer, Czech and Russian Studies,