Q: History of Prospekt Mira in Moscow

Irina Shevelenko idshevelenko at WISC.EDU
Sun Jul 14 14:29:55 UTC 2013

It was Prospekt Marksa (Okhotnyi Riad), not Prospekt Mira. - I.Sh.

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Charles Townsend
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:22 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Q: History of Prospekt Mira in Moscow

Wasn't Prospekt Mira originally Oxotnyj rjad?  I thought the name would have
been restored, but I guess not.

Charlie Townsend

On Jul 14, 2013, at 10:01 AM, Ian wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on an article on how Prospekt Mira in Moscow has changed, in
particular as it has become more Central Asian over the past two decades.  I
wanted to comb the awesome collective mind here to see if anyone had any
interesting tidbits of knowledge about Prospekt Mira past or present or
could point me towards interesting materials.

Best,

Ian

options, and more. Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: