Teffi - И времени не =?UTF-8?Q?_=D1=81=D1=82=D0=B0=D0=BB=D0=BE_?=- a few queries (batch 1!)

Erik McDonald erik.mcdonald at LIVE.COM
Sun Jul 14 21:25:32 UTC 2013

I usually understand фальшиво in a musical context to mean off-key or out of tune, rather than falsetto, for which I'd expect фистула (or фальцет?). I'm not sure if "off-key" works here. It would seem to go with "Конечно, не Патти и не Шаляпин" but not as well with "прямо завораживает." Maybe the fox doesn't hit all the right notes but is still mesmerizing for other reasons?

Erik McDonald