Windows on War - Soviet propaganda posters online

Elena Baraban Elena.Baraban at UMANITOBA.CA
Thu Jul 18 07:22:06 UTC 2013

Excellent exhibition! The presentation and the notes are fantastic. I hope this is going to be a permanent exhibit, so that we can use it when teaching culture of WWII. Many thanks for sharing this news!

Elena V. Baraban
Associate Professor of Russian
German and Slavic Department
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB
Canada
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Siggy Frank [siggy.frank at O2.CO.UK]
Sent: July 17, 2013 4:02 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Windows on War - Soviet propaganda posters online

The Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies at the University of Nottingham is pleased to announce the new online exhibition 'Windows on War - Soviet Posters, 1943-1945', a unique collection of Soviet propaganda posters: http://windowsonwar.nottingham.ac.uk/

You can view the collection of TASS war posters in fantastic detail, with annotations and comments. There are currently 45 posters and prints on the site, and more than one hundred other posters will be added in the near future. You can zoom right into the posters, read about their war context and find out about the painters and writers who created them. We would also like to hear your comments via social media.

Take a look at how the Russians viewed the enemy and the home front, how the posters were made, and how they are now being conserved and digitised. This is an excellent new resource for teachers, students, researchers, collectors and enthusiasts.