Visiting Position at Reed College

Evgenii Bershtein bershtee at REED.EDU
Mon Jul 29 22:26:15 UTC 2013

The Russian department of Reed College invites applications for a visiting appointment in Russian for the Spring semester of 2014. We look for a teacher-scholar of Russian literature and culture, who has native or near-native fluency in Russian and English, and successful teaching experience at the college level. The teaching load will include two sections of elementary Russian and a course in Russian literature. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in hand by January 2014.

Reed College is a small, distinguished undergraduate institution with a strong liberal arts curriculum, committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship. It is a community that believes that cultural diversity is essential to the excellence of our academic program. In your application materials, we welcome a description of how, as a scholar, teacher, or community member, you would engage and sustain the commitment to diversity and inclusion articulated in Reed College's diversity statement (http://www.reed.edu/diversity). Reed offers competitive salary and benefits, and visiting faculty are remunerated on the same scale as tenure-track faculty.

Please send a cover letter, CV, a writing sample, and three letters of recommendation to Professor Marat Grinberg, Chair, Russian Search Committee at https://secure.interfolio.com/apply/21921. The consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.