Russian visa situation

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Jun 6 22:52:19 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers,

I know we were all looking forward to those 3-yr multi-entry visas. A note
of warning. The New York consulate is now requiring INTERVIEWS for it - no
exceptions. Doesn't matter where you live. If this isn't bad enough in and
of itself, it has resulted in considerable chaos as visa agents try now to
all retrieve passports for their clients from the consulate. So far the
other consulates are not requiring the interviews, although they are going
over the apps with a fine tooth comb.

The interviews themselves are fairly pro forma - the usual how are you
paying for it, do you have insurance, why do you need a multi - basically a
rubber stamping motion after which they issue the visa anyway. That is
perhaps the more irritating part of it - that they want you to fly all
across the country for such nonsense. I know we can't really argue as they
will point out that Russians have to fly across Siberia to do interviews to
come here.

Renee

Renee Stillings

Director, SRAS