Russian visa situation

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Jun 6 23:20:52 UTC 2013

No, and generally it is just best to avoid NY right now. But often in the
case where an organization might be organizing the processing of visas for a
group (of students, for example) for logistical reasons it is easier to send
them all (regardless of where the student is from) to one consulate. I think
Houston and SF may be jurisdictional as well - meaning it doesn't work well
unless you are doing it on your own. Lots of little nuances that are coming
into play right now in terms of which consulate is operating more smoothly
one week and not the next, changing rules, etc.

With chaos also in some FMS offices in Russia and their resulting inability
to produce invitations, more are turning to these 3-yr multis as a stop gap
- including students going this summer.

And still, for those in the middle of the country, a last minute ticket to
NY is not cheap. And you can't just do it "en route" to your flight as after
the interview they still might say you have to wait several days for it to
be ready. So at the moment just best to avoid NY if you are applying for the
3-yr multi.

  _____