AATSEEL 2014 Panel on Comparative Post-Collapse Subversion

Alexis Zimberg zimberg.alexis at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 29 14:12:30 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGS Listserv:

A colleague and I are interested in adding one chair and one paper for an interdisciplinary panel on subversion and dissent in the post-collapse era (region-wide topics welcomed). One paper, for example, will highlight and discuss efforts to circumvent oppression in Lukashenko's authoritarian Minsk via participation in underground rock, art, and activism.

This should be a terrific panel. We hope to attract a cross-regional group to build some interesting discourse on novel methods, successes, and failures of contemporary subversion in the Caucasus versus in Central Asia or Eastern/Central Europe.

Scholars of politics, literature, film, cultural reviews, music, fashion, and so on welcomed.

If you are interested in participating, please reply off-list to: amz33 at Georgetown.edu.

Please keep in mind the July 1st deadline.

Kind regards,
Alexis