prisons and mental health in Russia

Julia Chadaga julia at SINGINGBEE.COM
Sun Jun 30 18:43:41 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers,

Two undergraduates at my college are researching the intersections of the
prison system and mental health in contemporary Russia, and I would like to
point them toward some English-language resources on the topic, which
encompasses both the relationship between mental health and incarceration
(as well as the related issue of dissidents and just plain nonconformists
being confined to psychiatric hospitals) and the provision of mental health
services to prison inmates. I would be most grateful for any suggestions
that you have. Please reply off-list to chadaga at macalester.edu.

Many thanks!
Julia Chadaga
Russian Studies