Is this authentic?

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri May 24 18:22:00 UTC 2013

An acquaintance forwards everything that comes to him.  I am trying to
teach him not to trust the web.  The following is circulating now.  Is
it genuine?

"  Putin's Speech on Feb. 04, 2013
[snip]
On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed
the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions
with minorities in Russia :

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to
live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and
should respect the Russian laws.  If they prefer Sharia Law, then we
advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.  Russia
does not need minorities.  Minorities need Russia , and we will not
grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their
desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'.  We better learn
from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are
to survive as a nation.  The Russian customs and traditions are not
compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most
minorities.  When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new
laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that
the minorities are not Russians."

Jules Levin

"Don't believe everything you read on the web."

--Abraham Lincoln