The Soviet Ballet Asel'

Megan Race megan.race at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 5 17:11:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows whether anyone has written on the 1967 Soviet ballet Asel', based on a story by Chingiz Aitmotov. So far the only things I've been able to find have been the original reviews of the first production and a few VERY brief mentions of the ballet in some old ballet books that I've collected over the years. If anyone has any information about this ballet, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to reply off-list: megan.race at yale.edu.
Thanks so much in advance,
Megan