dictionaries on beginning level Russian tests?

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 7 08:51:34 UTC 2013

Like many others, I can't see the benefit of or need for a dictionary at beginners level especially if testing vocab. However one thing came to mind. You mentioned the student was Argentinean, so English is not his first language. Could it be he's more worried about English instructions? I once had a native Russian speaking student who couldn't answer an exam question because it contained the word 'hence' which he had never come across before. It wasn't a language exam and since then I've explicitly told non-native English speakers to use a dictionary.
AM

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs