SENDING MONEY TO RUSSIA BY WIRE

REEI reei at INDIANA.EDU
Mon Nov 18 19:38:18 UTC 2013

Dear SEELANGers,

One of our faculty members is looking for advice on sending money to Moscow by Western Union or some other transfer service.  Our university now wants payment to foreign residents for university-sponsored research to go out via these systems. However, she is puzzled by the website and customer service people as they have provided different information about fees, relative security, and degree to  which such transfers are monitored by the government. If any of you have recent experience with such operations and are willing to share it, please reply to me offline at: martrott at indiana.edu<mailto:martrott at indiana.edu>.

Many thanks in advance!

Mark Trotter

Associate Director

Russian and East European Institute