Putin Art

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Sun Sep 1 19:49:10 UTC 2013

> Let's see. what can we make fun of Putin for, when he's a Russian straight
male and President. in some way that takes advantage of the
non-Russian-straight-male privilege that the majority in power have?

> oh...

> NOTHING!

Well, let's see.

Over the past twenty-odd years Russia's currency has collapsed.
It lost its empire and influence far faster than even Britain did, and its
economy dropped from second in the world to below those of the Netherlands,
Australia, and even certain individual US states, etc.
It was powerless to stop its former satellites going over to NATO.
It might be confronting demographic collapse.
And think of the reversal in positions between Russia and China over the
same period

Suggesting that Putin is psychologically privileged compared to his
immediate predecessors might be another interesting discussion ....

On Aug 31, 2013, at 12:53 PM, "Rylkova,Galina S" <grylkova at UFL.EDU>
 wrote:

> Susanne Fusso wrote:
>> Re Robert Orr's message, I do not think that spontaneous public
>> outrage (NOT police action) about racist minstrelsy performed against
>> the first African-American president at a state fair should be filed
>> under "political correctness."
>
> If we start applying this logic, then we can say: how could anyone dare to
make fun of Putin, the first non-drinking-himself-to-death Russian
president? The first ..... you name it.

> Interface at:
>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Text inserted by Panda IS 2011:

http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_20565&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%2
0Settings\Owner\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Security\Panda%2
0Internet%20Security%202011\AntiSpam