Putin Art

Robert Orr colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Wed Sep 4 02:40:26 UTC 2013

> But would anybody here SIMPLY consider what would happen if you put Obama
in place of Putin???????  I think Firestorm.

Actually, we might be better off with a straight swap.  This idea first
occurred to me speculating with friends in Russia (they were shocked to
learn that between 1894 and 2006 the Liberal Party of Canada had been in
power for longer than the CPSU) over MarTIN and PuTIN:  If Putin had moved
into 24 Sussex Dr., and Martin into the Kremlin,

a)      Putin would have acted like Putin in Ottawa, and the result would
have been like a welcome jolt to the system: backbench MP's  would have
rediscovered the role of Parliament, provinces would have reasserted
themselves, etc., etc.

b)      Meanwhile Martin would last a couple of days in the Kremlin and
nobody would care.

With the current moribund state of constitutional checks and balances in the
US, how much more true would the above be of a Putin/Obama swap! The drive
towards a pre-medieval monarchy might even be diverted.

> Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 23:58:26 +0000
> From: jknox at BOWDOIN.EDU

options, and more. Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: