Putin Art

Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[TECHTRANS INTERNATIONAL, INC.] anthony.j.vanchu at NASA.GOV
Wed Sep 4 15:14:07 UTC 2013

I couldn't agree with you more!

Tony Vanchu

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Emily Saunders
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:08 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Putin Art

Greetings!

I can't help but find myself expecting Alex Rudd to chime in any minute on the appropriateness of this current topic and contributions to it.  And perhaps I am not be the only one.  At any rate, I went back through previous Alex emails to the last time that discussion was getting a bit inflamed and found this quoted section of the SEELANGS bylaws that might perhaps apply to this situation:

***
For purposes of clarification, please note that the discussion of discrete political matters is not welcome on SEELANGS.  However, as political and other concerns have influenced Slavic Languages and Literatures, if posting on such a theme, use common sense and recognize when your contribution has ceased to be about aiding linguistic comprehension, and has begun to be purely political.  There are many other discussion lists and similar on-line discussion forums that exist solely for the discussion of politics, and you should not confuse SEELANGS with them.

***

I'd like to propose the notion that the current discussion has gone beyond the boundaries of "aiding linguistic comprehension" and has crossed into the "purely political."  As such it should probably be taken to another forum.

Respectfully,

Emily Saunders