[w] for [v] in the speech of Russians speaking English

Eugenia Vlasova jane.vlasova at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 18 16:35:12 UTC 2013

I'm Russian, has been living in Canada for three years, and I have to admit that sometimes I do mix w and v. For example, a phrase "I'll pay for it with the visa" is freaking me out. I usually pronounce it like "with the wisa" or even "with the witha". When w and v are one after another, it is nearly impossible to switch from w to v and vice versa.