Thanks to Alex Rudd

Alex Rudd alex.rudd at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 19 19:38:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Benjamin Rifkin <rifkin at tcnj.edu> wrote:
> Dear SEELANGers:
>
> Please join me in thanking Alex Rudd for his tremendous dedication of
> SEELANGs.  Many of us find this community to be an important resource
> for us in our work as scholars, teachers, and translators.

Thanks, Ben (and everyone else who's responded to this, on- and
off-list; forgive me, please, for not responding separately to all of
you).

What can I say?  You're all very welcome!  I have difficulty believing
that more than 20 years have passed since I took over administering
this list, and I'm sincerely pleased that it's evolved into such a
thriving on-line community.  Despite my being the "list owner" (a term
of art originated by the folks who authored the LISTSERV software),
this list really belongs to everyone who makes use of it and gets
something out of it.  I see my role as a support person, just helping
to keep things running smoothly.

And now if you'll please permit me to slink back out of the spotlight
I so instinctively shun, that'd be great.

Carry on.

Thanks.

- Alex, list owner of SEELANGS
--
Alex Rudd
List owner e-mail: seelangs-request at listserv.ua.edu
Personal e-mail: Alex.Rudd at gmail.com
http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs
Any opinion expressed above is not necessarily shared by my employers.