John McCain in Pravda.ru

Irina Rodimtseva air3 at FRONTIER.COM
Sat Sep 21 00:07:53 UTC 2013

Ben,

Thank you for sharing the link. Did you notice that when Hayes is talking about the Pravda of the Soviet times, they are showing Pionerskaya Pravda, albeit with a picture of Stalin and the announcement of his death? Hilarious!

Irina Rodimtseva

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Benjamin Rifkin
  To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
  Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 11:09
  Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] John McCain in Pravda.ru

  Dear SEELANGers:

  Matt Taibbi, a journalist at Rolling Stone who lived in Moscow for a number of years, was interviewed last night on MSNBC on this very topic.  Here's the clip:

  http://video.msnbc.msn.com/all-in-/53057191#53057191

  In short, Pravda ain't what it used to be.  And it wasn't Pravda then either, so to speak.  (Of course.)

  I remember the old joke about the guy who goes up to the kiosk, Soviet era, to buy a newspaper:

  – Есть «Правда»?
  – «Правды» нет.
  – А «Советская Россия»?
  – Продана.