Kolyma tales

John Merchant jamercha at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 26 16:46:53 UTC 2013

I have not taught these tales, but I have taught Gustaw
Herling-Grudzinski's A World Apart and I found the "Virtual Gulag" website
to be quite useful: http://www.thegulag.org/exhibits. At the very least, it
has a nice timeline and an instructive map of where these places are
located. Plus, it has short interviews with scholars on their origin,
operation, etc.

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs