Looking for the right translator

Fri Apr 4 10:54:31 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

I have an interesting project on which I am bidding, but I'm not the
right person for the job. I hope one of you is.

This is an autobiography of a public figure who lived in the 19th and
20th centuries (about half his life in each), and it was written in the
1920s. The author would have been middle-aged at the time, so he grew up
with the old orthography, and his manuscript is typed that way.

The work is literary, but I'm a sci-tech translator. Still, there's
money to be made here, I think, so I'm putting in a bid. My best
estimate is that it's about 45,000 Russian words, which might yield
something in the low 50s in English. The client wants it by mid-May.

If you're interested and want to hear/see more, please write me
off-list. Replies to the list will disqualify you. I will also be happy
to receive referrals to the right person.

Thank you.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com