Russian Summer STARTALK program Integrating Technology into the Teaching and Learning of Russian

Nataliya Ushakova nushakova at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 8 21:17:05 UTC 2014

Integrating Technology into the Teaching and Learning of Russian
through Standards-Based Instruction

July 14 – 25, 2014 (FAIRFAX, VA)

This standards-based course is designed to provide teachers with the necessary skills to integrate technology and current pedagogical theory into the teaching and learning of Russian.
Each day, participants will observe and participate in the co-existing student programs of Russian for Middle School and High School students, where lessons are Standards Based. Our student program consists of two levels. Level One is for students who have never learned Russian before our program. Level Two students have had prior experience learning Russian – either at home or in the classroom. Students in both levels will learn to read, write, speak, and understand Russian in the target language environment.

 During their program, teacher participants will:
•         learn and review how technology can be integrated with lessons
•         observe technology in action in our co-existing student program
•         design mini lessons to demo in the student program
•         have access to shared lessons created within the teacher program

Participating teachers will receive:
•         full program tuition
•         technology training from a World Language Professional with expertise in Technology Training
•         a two-day MOPI (Modified Oral Proficiency Interview) training
•         catered lunch provided at the program site
•         optional graduate credit at a special registration fee
•         a generous stipend upon successful completion of the program

For out of town participants we provide:
•         Lodging in Studio Suites at the Residence Inn, in historic Old Town Alexandria, V
•         Daily Breakfast and Light dinner three nights per week are available at the hotel
Teacher participants will not have to purchase software or any other materials in order to successfully complete this course.

For additional information, contact Nataliya Ushakova 347-267-9826 or  nushakova at gmail.com