"Cambridge University Press is afraid of the Russians"

Walt Richmond richmond at OXY.EDU
Fri Apr 11 15:16:25 UTC 2014

On a similar note, I was told by fairly reliable sources that Moscow
investigated the possibility of suing me after the release of my book "The
Circassian Genocide."

Walt Richmond

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Robert Chandler
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:48 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] "Cambridge University Press is afraid of the Russians"

This interesting article is published by INDEX ON CENSORSHIP"
http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2014/04/cambridge-university-press-russia
ns-putin-book/

"A recent study of Vladimir Putin's gangster tendencies has been
suppressed: not by the Kremlin, but by a UK academic publisher living in
fear of England's libel laws," writes Padraig Reidy.

Forwarded by Robert Chandler