for sale Collage by Alexandra Povorina

Thorntons Bookshop thorntons at BOOKNEWS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Apr 17 10:39:45 UTC 2014

This collage, presented to our family by the artist's daughter
Tatiana Ahlers-Hestermann in 1984,
measures 220 x 140 mm. (actual size of collage ) mounted.

German-Russian artist, marred to F. Ahlers-Hestermann, painted in
the "Académie Russe"
 in Paris under M. Vassilieff, a meeting place of the artistical
avantgarde, in 1914 she fled
to Hamburg, since 1947 she was lecturer at the academy
Berlin-Weissensee, by the end
of the 1920s she developed a spiritual abstract style. - Mus.:
Hamburg (Kunsthalle, Altonaer Museum),
 Hannover, Schleswig (SHLM) a. others. - Lit.: Vollmer, Bénézit,
Der Neue Rump, Münster "A.P." a.
others. Weakened by TBC she stopped painting at the end of the
1950-ies and discovered the
collage as her new medium

1885 am 26. Februar in St. Petersburg/Russland geboren	born in
St. Petersburg in 1885
1901-07 verschiedene Studien, u.a. Malerei in München	studies
in Munich
1911-13 Studienaufenthalte in Paris
study visits to Paris
1913 Rückkehr nach Russland, weitere Aufenthalte in Paris
returns to Russia in 1913
1916 Heirat mit Friedrich Ahlers-Hestermann
marries Friedrich Ahlers-Hestermann
1919 Gründungsmitglied der Hamburgischen Sezession
founding member Hamburg art group
1928-39 lebt und arbeitet in Köln, danach Umzug nach Berlin
lives in Cologne,moves to Berlin
1931 Mitglied der Pariser Künstlergruppe Abstraction-Création
Member Parisian artists group “Abstraction-Création”
1947-52 Dozentin an der Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee
lecturer at the Berlin academy of art
1963 stirbt am 23. Dezember in Berlin
dies in Berlin

Price £1250

Please ask for an image which we cannot send via SEELANGS

Thornton’s Bookshop
Founded in Oxford in 1835
The Old Barn – Walnut Court
Faringdon SN7 7JH
United Kingdom

Tel. 00 44 (0) 1367 240056
Fax: 00 44 (0) 1367 241544

www.thorntonsbooks.co.uk

member of the ABA since 1907
Also member of the B.A. and ILAB

Our books are listed on ABE, Antiqbook.com
And find-a-book.com