Russian Punk Rock 2

Alexander Herbert alexanderherbert45 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 17 18:09:37 UTC 2014

Hey Everyone!
   I messaged the list a few months about inquiring about anyone with information on Russian Punk Rock. We’ve managed to yield a plethora of sources on Soviet and 90s punk rock, as well as contemporary listeners who identify with the “Punk Rock Lifestyle” as it is interpreted in Russia. Among the support, Vladimir Kozlov, Evgeni T (АУ) and Yegor Letov’s widow and many more from the Soviet Novosibirsk scene have agreed to interviews. We also have some major groups like Leningrad, Tarkany! and Old Skool Kids (distro) on board to help us.

    Here in Bloomington, WFIU the local NPR partner channel just aired a piece on our project. They did a great job of setting us apart from the Pussy Riot media boom. I figured I would post it here for everyone to listen to. We are still in need of any help, so feel free to contact me off list.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/arts/pussy-riot-letting-russian-punk-speak/

For the academics, I hope the semester is wrapping up well for you all,

cheers,
Alexander Herbert
                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs