Requiem by Marina Tsvetayeva

Irina Shevelenko idshevelenko at WISC.EDU
Mon Feb 3 01:43:21 UTC 2014

Tsvetaeva never wrote anything titled "Requiem." I googled Tsvetaeva +
Requiem and realized your friend meant a poem "Uzh skol'ko ikh upalo v etu
bezdnu..." which apparently was "assigned" this title by a popular singer or
two. I do not know whether the poem was translated into English or French,
but hopefully people more knowledgeable about translations would know at
least what poem to search for.

Irina

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Laura Kline
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:23 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Requiem by Marina Tsvetayeva

Dear Seelangers,
I am posting this for a friend. Please respond directly to her at:
nadia.taiga at yahoo.com
Thank you!
Laura

Dear Seelangers,

For the artist's performance I am looking for English and French
translations of Marina Tsvetayeva's "Requiem", 1913. Can you recommend the
ones you think are the best?

Thank you,
Warm regards,

Nadia Taiga