One more analog of Vysotsky

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Mon Feb 10 13:17:41 UTC 2014

This has been a very interesting discussion - as much for the commentary about North American singers as for the information and comments on Vysotsky.

I want to suggest one more analog: Janis Joplin. She died too early, and for all the reasons people have mentioned she isn't adequately comparable with Vysotsky. (Among other things, I doubt most college-age students today have heard of her.) But she has the voice quality right down - makes one's throat hurt just to listen.

Best regards,

Sibelan

--
Sibelan Forrester