recommendations for intermediate texts?

Walt Richmond richmond at OXY.EDU
Fri Feb 14 15:35:51 UTC 2014

Dear Janneke,

Thank you. I've received another endorsement for this book, and I checked
out the publisher and in general it looks great. This is very useful.

Best,

Walt

 ------------------------------

*From:* SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] *On Behalf Of *Janneke van de Stadt
*Sent:* Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:08 PM
*To:* SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
*Subject:* Re: [SEELANGS] recommendations for intermediate texts?

Dear Walt,

This past fall I used an abridged version of Akunin's "Azazel'" with my
third-semester students and they really enjoyed it. It has vocab as well as
comprehension and discussion questions by chapter, should you want to use
them.   I coupled the reading with occasional viewings of the mini-series
(youtube has all the episodes) to very productive effect: it all reinforced
relevant grammar and vocab we were studying and generated terrific
conversation in class.

It's out of Библиотека Златоуста; I used the third edition (2012).

Good luck!

Janneke