story by I B Singer

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Feb 16 19:35:01 UTC 2014

Singer wrote a short story about a Rabbi in Congress Poland who had to
make the switch from Polish to Russian in recording records--this
happened sometime in the 1860's.
I am trying to find out if he used the Yiddish term kazionner for the
Rabbi, presumably from R. kazennyj.  So ideally I need the title in the
original Yiddish (with a link if available!), but the English title will
facilitate the search.
Jules Levin
Los Angeles

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs