Recommendations for Summer Russian Language Intensive in Moscow 2014

Tash blue.violet.haze at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 26 16:13:56 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGers,

I am intending to enrol in a summer Russian language intensive in Moscow
for six weeks during summer 2014. I have been looking into specific
programs as well as one-on-one private tutoring and was wondering if anyone
has had previous experience with them / could recommend one, or otherwise
offer an alternate recommendation. My background is I am Australian and a
first year Russian History PhD student at School of Slavonic and East
European Studies of University College London. I completed a Russian
undergraduate major, but this was some time ago - 2005-2008. I am looking
to particularly improve my spoken Russian as my research will involve oral
history interviews.

So far I have been considering:

   - Centre for International Education, MSU (http://www.cie.ru/eng_progr)
   - Moscow Summer School of People's Friendship University of Russia (
   http://moscowsummerschool.ru/)
   - Centre for Russian Language Studies, MSU (
   http://www.russian-moscow.com/)
   - Grint (http://www.grint.ru/prof.php)
   - Russian State University for the Humanities (
   http://rggu.com/languages/rfl/)
   - Summer School of Russian, HSE (http://philology.hse.ru/summer/rlc)
   - Institute of Russian Language of the Russian Academy of Science (
   http://www.ruslang.ru/)
   - Pushkin Institute (
   http://www1.pushkin.edu.ru/publ/english/russian_language_courses/programs_and_fees_2013_2014/55-1-0-380
   )

I've registered at expat.ru for private teaching as I have heard this may
be better value for money and lead to faster acquisition than the above
official programs; if people have recommendations for other such websites
or teachers this would be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Natasha

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs