"'Pushkin and Homosexuality': An Understudied Fragment of the Pushkin Myth in Russia": ASEEES Panel

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jan 8 06:06:16 UTC 2014

On this very list, back in March and April of 2006, there was a detailed and lively discussion of "Pushkin and Homosexuality" under the following subject headings:

Applied Psychoanalysis in Slavic Studies
Psychoanalysis and Russian Studies
Psychoanalysis and my Senior Thesis
Onegin Again
Onegin Again = Envy is not Lust
Onegin Again - All Dressed Up
Was Onegin a Metrosexual?
More Questions on Onegin
Onegin et al
This Onegin Thing

If we think about the current controversy about gay rights in Russia, it will be obvious why the theme of "Pushkin and Homosexuality" is "understudied" in Russia.

With friendly regards to the list,

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere
Emeritus Professor of Russian
University of California, Davis