No subject

Kelly Trimble theodora.trimble at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 11 18:02:22 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGers,

Elise Thorsen, Gregory Dolgopolov, and I are seeking a discussant and chair
for our panel on cinephilia and creative production in San Antonio at
ASEEES.  You will find a brief description of our panel below.  Please
respond directly to theodora.trimble at gmail.com.

Best,

Theodora Trimble

Audience passion, production and ephemeral enthusiasm has emerged as a
vital source of scholarship. An examination of practices of audience
authorship throughout the history of Russian and Soviet cinema is well
overdue. This panel addresses various understandings of the relationship
between cinephilia and creative production. Exploring cinephilia as an
element in the reproduction of the cinema industry as well as other forms
of audience creativity, such as the paraphernalia of fandom—from scrapbooks
and collections to poetry and music videos—or the constructive role that
audiences play in the development of the film industry, such as star
systems and practices of film distribution.

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs