ASEEES 2014: Discussant Needed

Sergey Karpukhin sak5w at VIRGINIA.EDU
Wed Jan 15 06:09:46 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGers,

We are looking for a last-minute substitute discussant for our ASEEES panel on Nabokov and sexuality next year. Please email directly to karpukhin at wisc.edu if you're interested and we'll include your name in the proposal. I'm attaching a summary of the panel below.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Sergey Karpukhin
PhD Candidate
Slavic Department
UW-Madison

Vladimir Nabokov and Sexuality

The panel will explore the ways in which Vladimir Nabokov engaged with the concepts of sexuality, gender, sexual orientation and identity. It will also address the relations between the sensory, the sensual, and the sexual in Nabokov's works. The papers included in the paper will discuss Nabokov's use of Blok's imagery in constructing his own notion of femininity; his idea of time as a repository of sensory and sexual impressions in _Ada_; and Nabokov's general response to the age-old challenge of literary descriptions of sex, especially vis-a-vis the classical tradition.
                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs