New Resources on SRAS

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Wed Jan 29 13:16:36 UTC 2014

Vadim,

I did indeed state there that that entry would get me into some trouble. J

One important thing to point out is that I don't hold up the Russian news to
be a glowing nugget of journalism. Indeed, it's a bit like living in a town
where you main options to dine out are either Burger King or Taco Bell -
neither one will leave you fully satisfied and not entirely without reason
to be digested, but you likely will come to prefer one over the other.

What I say is that if to choose between the banter of CNN and the colder,
harder Vesti - I chose Vesti. If to compare many of the American sources
that deliberately try to sell themselves as unbiased but which are obviously
biased and the Russian sources which are biased but don't directly try to
evade that fact, I'll go with the Russian source.

It leaves me, personally, with less of a sense of rockgut while stand in the
kitchen making dinner at night.

I'll leave my response to that as SEELANGS, as the rules state, is not a
forum for political and personal debate. If anyone wishes to email me
personally with issues on this, I'll gladly hear your views about how wrong
I am on this or any other subject. J

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org