Soviet slogan "Dayosh!"

Thu Jun 5 17:07:50 UTC 2014

Can anyone recommend a good translation?

Despite the second-person grammatical form, it seems to have the force
of an exhortation; several Russians have told me it feels like "let's
[do such-and-such]!" But to me as an outsider, it comes across more as a
demand for performance by the listener alone than as a call for joint
performance by speaker and listener.

Thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.