Famous and productive families in Russian and Czech histories

Eugenia Kelbert eugenia.kelbert at YALE.EDU
Wed Jun 11 13:51:03 UTC 2014

The Brik family should also include Elsa Triolet...

Another family that comes to mind is Skriabin's, with not only the composer
but also Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh, his nephew. He describes his
family and education in some detail in "Bez zapisok" and it really does
seem based on the interview that there was something in the family, the way
they approached their children's upbringing, certain values etc.

And, I suppose, the Burjiuk brothers should be in the list too.

Olga Demidova also presented a paper on 18th century women writers in
Russia at last week's conference in Uppsala, which had plenty of examples
of family ties between women writers and translators and their more
celebrated male relatives who introduced them into the literary circles of
the time.

Eugenia Kelbert