Calling people names

Sentinel76 Astrakhan thysentinel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 20 21:11:35 UTC 2014

I feel like I should finally chip in.

"Countries" and "people" are not homogeneous, nor uniform.  The case of Ukraine is probably the most glaring:  some people want to live one way and be called one thing, and others -- another way and another thing.  Which side has a deciding vote in the "B"/"HA" argument?  All I know is that Germany does not force other countries to call them "Deutschland" and Japan -- "Nippon."  One country that forces all others to call it "Cote d'Ivore" (instead of Ivory Coast and Берег Слоновой Кости), and it's ridiculous.

Based on the recent survey, 30% of Native Americans find the word "Redskins" offensive.  70% don't, and many of them actually think that "Fighting Sioux," "Redskins," and "Blackhawks" serve as tribute to their long-suffering nations.  Why should the majority succumb to the will of the minority, if nobody's rights are affected, only sensitivities?

I really wish this PC dreck would go away already.

Vadim Astrakhan
Vysotsky in English
www.vvinenglish.com

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs