Call for Papers: UC Undergraduate Journal of Slavic and East/Central European Studies

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed May 28 20:13:54 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGS members,
For those who are teaching undergraduates, could you please bring this to their attention.  It is a unique opportunity to have their research published.  And please feel free to email me with any questions and tell them to do the same.
Many thanks in advance.
Yelena Furman
UCLA

This is a call for papers for the University of California Undergraduate Journal of Slavic and East/Central European Studies. All papers will be subject to peer review.

The deadline to submit is October 6, 2014.  While the papers will be due in a few months, right now we need a preliminary headcount.  If you are planning to submit your paper, please email me with your name, preferred email, the title of your paper, and the name and email of your advisor: yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu

It is expected that you will work with your advisor between now and the submission deadline on revising your paper.  Your papers should have a well-formulated and well-developed thesis, with plenty of textual evidence to back it up. When citing, please give quotes both in the original Cyrillic, or appropriate Slavic language, and in English translation. The papers should be a maximum of 25 double-spaced pages and need to include footnotes and a bibliography (the page limit is inclusive of the bibliography/footnotes). For the bibliography, please use the Chicago Manual of Style format(you can find a hard copy of CMS in your library, and it¹s also available online).

In case you haven¹t seen it yet, please take a look at
the Journal:
http://www.international.ucla.edu/languages/slavicjournal/

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs