Book on translation from Russian to English

Susan Welsh welsh_business at VERIZON.NET
Sun Sep 14 11:07:29 UTC 2014

Dear Laura,
There are many books for many purposes. I am assuming your student has
good command of Russian, in which case I would highly recommend Natalia
Strelkova, /Introduction to Russia-English Translation: Tactics and
Techniques for the Translator/ (NY: Hippocrene Books, 2012). It is a
very useful pedagogy for helping the translator to get out of the
mindset of literal translation. Biggest drawback: no index.

Best regards,
Susan

Susan Welsh
http://www.ssw-translation.com
Leesburg, Virginia USA

Phone: 1-703-777-8927
My latest article: "A New Era Remakes Bulgakov's /White Guard/ in Its
Own Image"
<http://ssw-translation.com/Bulgakov_BG_SlavFile-Summer-2014.pdf>

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs