Boren update

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Thu Sep 18 18:50:15 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGERs:

To quote a reply I just received from Boren as concerns applications for
2015/2016, see the below:

"NSEP will look at Russia (and other countries) next spring and reevaluate
the security situation. Applicants can still apply for Russia for the
2015/2016 season. They should be aware that because we have not sent folks
to Russia since August, they might not be able to go if they win the award.
They should have a backup plan for another country in their proposal that
says something like "in case the security situation prevents U.S. students
from going to Russia, I could do a similar program in Georgia (or other
preferred country where Russia is spoken). They wouldn't lose the award if
they win for Russia, but we would make them find an alternate program. If
they can't find one, then they would have to decline the award."

Best,

Renee

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs