Literary Translation Course, July 2015, from Russian, Polish and other languages

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Fri Sep 19 05:07:06 UTC 2014

Translate in the City: Summer School 2015: 6-10 July

Develop your translation skills under the guidance of top professionals

An immersion course in literary translation across the genres. Fiction, poetry, history, essays, journalism, travel and academic writing in workshops led by expert literary translators and senior academics. Ample opportunity for networking with publishers, agents, university staff and one another.

Literary translation workshops are offered in the following languages, with the following tutors:
• Russian (Robert Chandler)
• Polish (Antonia Lloyd-Jones)
• Chinese (Nicky Harman)
• French (Ros Schwartz)
• German (Ruth Urbom)
• Italian (Howard Curtis)
• Japanese (Angus Turvill)
• Spanish (Nick Caistor)

Keynote lecture from Professor Maureen Freely (tbc) plus translation slam and evening events with publishing professionals.

Further Information please contact
s.hall at city.ac.uk +44 (0)7921 252 365
www.city.ac.uk/courses/short-courses/translate-in-the-city

Booking opens January 2015.
Full fee £470.

Don’t just take our word for it… here’s what last year’s students wrote

“A great mix of textual work with lectures/ insights into publishing”

“I came for translation immersion and I got it!”

“Best part was working closely with an experienced translator”

Translate in the City directors are Amanda Hopkinson (Visiting Professor in Literary Translation, City University London) and Ros Schwartz (French literary translator and course tutor).

Robert Chandler, 42 Milson Road, London, W14 OLD