Teffi: advice about how to avoid being seasick.

Jesse Stavis jstavis at WISC.EDU
Fri Sep 19 19:28:07 UTC 2014

"On the other hand, I have no idea if bread crust with salt can help fight rough sea."

I spent some time on boats when I was a small child, and I remember that there were always plenty of pilot crackers on hand. These were very dry, lightly salted crackers. (It seems that Nabisco stopped making them in 2008.) In theory, they were supposed to help fight seasickness. I'm not sure how well they worked in practice.

Jesse Stavis
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Slavic Languages and Literature
University of Wisconsin-Madison