NetSiouan

Robert L. Rankin rankin at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Nov 11 16:01:50 UTC 1998

> > So when is the next Siouan Conference?  :)
> Seriously, do we know when the next Siouan Conference will be?

Brent Galloway volunteered to have it at Regina, Sask., but as far as I
know, no time has been set.

I should think this list would be a reasonable place for people to express
their views on the subject of timing.  Or they might want to correspond
with Brent directly.  Personally, I'd like to see the date established
early enough for the conference actually to be listed in the SSILA, LSA
and AAA newsletters.  It has generally not been.  The earlier and more we
publicize, the greater will be the participation.  It might also be
reasonable to ask whether culture, history, etc. papers might be solicited
(like the Algonquian conference does) for parallel sessions, etc.

Anytime between May 20th and August 1st is OK with me (though we should be
aware that some may be attending the LSA Institute in Illinois from about
mid-June til early Aug.).