GRAMMAR QUESTION

Jimm G GoodTracks jggoodtracks at juno.com
Wed Nov 11 22:05:34 UTC 1998

John!
I have a question, which seems never to have been resolved by IOM texts
nor informants.

Namely, the phrase:  "to have to".  Have you come accross it in PO texts?

While, it can frequently be rendered by "to be going to/ will~shall"
(hnye), the latter will not always be appropriate.
	I have to go to town/ I will go to town,	=China je hnye
ke.
	I have to (must) work (is not the same as)  I'm going to/ will
work.

In Spanish, the phrase is rendered "tener que".  What can you say as per
Siouian?
Jimm